Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Goals by thirty

Goals, goals, goals!

There was a study done at one of those Ivy League school where they interviewed 100 people who were graduating. I know for sure they asked them this question: Do you write down your goals? Out of the 100 people, 10 said yes. 

Ten years later, the same 100 people were interviewed. They asked how much they were making. As individuals, each of those ten people, were making more than the other 90 COMBINED. 

I ask you this: Does writing down your goals have an impact on your life? 

My answer is yes. 

I have a bunch of goals I want to accomplish by the time I am thirty and I am going to write them down and share them with people. If I share my goals with all of you, that will definitely put the pressure on me to do my goals. 

All this is by the time I am thirty on June 7, 2014

Writing goals: 
I will have finished editing and will have published The Owens Legacy: Redemption. 
I have have finished writing, editing, and will have published The Owens Legacy: R-something.
I will have finished writing and editing the dream walking novel and start to Q. 

Blogging goals:
A Dash of YA will be up and going, running smoothly.
My blog will have transitioned into a writer's blog

Personal goals: 
I will have competed in a triathlon 
I will have participated in another Dirty Girl Run 
I will have pursued opening my own bed and breakfast - as long as it doesn't break my bank
Each year I will do the five dollar savings plan (Found this on pintrest. You never spend your five dollar bills, you only save them. Ends of being a boat load at the end of each year.)

What are your goals?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, excellent goals, Michelle! I really hope you're successful in achieving them. I especially love "publish the Owens Legacy R-something". You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I need to either do a post like this, or at least write them down on a piece of paper and tape it to my wall. ^_^ I think it's great to see all your goals. You will be able to take care of them all, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete