Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini


Can true love be forgotten?

As the only scion who can descend into the Underworld, Helen Hamilton has been given a nearly impossible task. By night she wanders through Hades, trying to stop the endless cycle of revenge that has cursed her family. By day she struggles to overcome the fatigue that is rapidly eroding her sanity. Without Lucas by her side, Helen is not sure she has the strength to go on.

Just as Helen is pushed to her breaking point, a mysterious new Scion comes to her rescue. Funny and brave, Orion shields her from the dangers of the Underworld. But time is running out--a ruthless foe plots against them, and the Furies' cry for blood is growing louder.

As the ancient Greek world collides with the mortal one, Helen's sheltered life on Nantucket descends into chaos. But the hardest task of all will be forgetting Lucas Delos.

Josephine Angelini's compelling saga becomes ever more intricate and spellbinding as an unforgettable love triangle emerges and the eternal cycle of revenge intensifies. Eagerly awaited, this sequel to the internationally bestselling "Starcrossed" delivers a gritty, action-packed love story that exceeds all expectations

In my previous review, I told you how much I loved Starcrossed. I loved Dreamless just as much. I warn you that if you haven't read the first in the series this will be somewhat spoilerish.

Where to begin?

Helen and Lucas. *Heaves a big sigh* OK - so that secret that Daphene told still governs their relationship, keeping them apart. And in the whole book - D never lets it out - which really infuriates me. Everyone needs them to stay away from each other, but they can't. Lucas turns into a jerk, trying to get Helen to stay away from him, for her own good, and that doesn't even work. In the end, Lucas and Helen - I don't know! I need book three. Like now.

So what is Helen doing in this book? Oh ya know, heading into the Underworld every night, exhausting herself, hanging out with the hottie Orion who happens to fall for her. I'm not a big fan of the love triangle thing - not since Andrea Cremer broke my heart with Ren - but Helen is the equivalent of Helen of Troy, who isn't going to fall for her? So it works, and I'm good with it.  I think I'm also good with it because I don't think Helen has an actual choice to make.

Helen and Orion  scour the Underworld, and meet and learn about a lot of interesting mythological characters. My favorite would have to be Ares. Did anyone watch Hercules with Kevin Sorbo? If you did, do you remember the character who played Ares - he was hott, this Ares is not so much. He's grotesque actually and I love it. It makes perfect sense.

My heart breaks for Hector who has to stay away from his family. He clearly is devoted to them and it's so hard for him to be away. If you remember, Hector, went to war for Paris and Helen's love just because he loved his brother. Modern day Hector has that same selfless love when it comes to his family. I have a feeling he is going to be an intricate part in the third installment...


1 comment:

  1. I really liked this part of the article. with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... success for you.......!

    ReplyDelete