Monday, August 1, 2011

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer


When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she’s certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer—one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack—and the man—she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive

I liked Nightshade better than this one. This one did not fall in to a filler catergory, ya know how the second book just sets up for the third book? This book had a lot of action, more action than the first one. So why didn't I like it as much or more, well as Diana can tell you, I'm a sucker for romance, the romance in Nightshade was awesome and in this one, Calla is battling with her feelings, and Ren appears ONCE in the whole blessed book. I miss him. This may be one of those times that I want the other guy to win in the triangle. There I said it.

On to the book. Ok, lie, on to the boys! Ethan, swoon, Connor double swoon. Thank you Andrea Cremer. YOU ARE AWESOME.

OK really on to the book. Calla is great. I put her right up there with Rose, yeah, I do. This is why. Calla is strong, she doesn't need some dude to protect her or think for her or tell her she's pretty. She knows and she does. I think she is a great fictional role model. I love her loyalty, to her heart and to her pack. She's isn't selfish but she isn't exactly selfless. I want to be friends with her.

Monroe - Hello Man of mystery and secret. I can't really talk about him because I can't blow the story.

Shay - I like him, but I don't love him. I think he is decpicted as a great male character, trying to find his way protective, jealous, tough... but... (just going to leave it there... Im not sure what it is.)


Spoiler alert!!!! Highlight it for a rant I cannot believe that Ren chose the Bane's over Calla - though I get why - pack loyalty. I can't believe he tried to break her when he still loves her. I hate Effron Bane. HATE him. Oh Ren.

Some quick thoughts:
Oh Ansel, I hope he finds himself
I love the group dynamic of a pack - maybe we should start a book pack? eh? any takers?
I love Ren ...sorry team Shay members
Calla's mother - OMG

4 comments:

  1. Oh I do want to get to this series. Glad you liked it still, even if not as great as the first book. :) Sounds like a wonderful series to read. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda skimmed your review since I haven't read the first book but do intend to. Glad you posted such a great review!

    Molli
    http://www.onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I too hold Calla high on my "kick ass" heroine list.... right up there with Rose. Love the way she handles herself, but I'm a sucker for romance and Wolfsbane hardly had any... in my favor, anyway. AWESOME review, Michelle. Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Melissa and Molli - You need this series!!!
    @ Diana - You know I am a sucker for romance too! However the third installment seems like it will have romance... I want her to pick Ren

    ReplyDelete