Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Busy week and great news

I haven't been reading a bunch but some really big things have been happening in my non-blogging life - I know, a different life? It's the end of the year at school and we have had our powder puff and flag football games.


Our Academic Awards banquet where I was pied in the face by a student raising money for the Humane Society... I also pied my student back! She should have run away from me.



I have been doing a fundraiser for my high school student to get everyone a netbook to help them advance in this technology savvy world we live in. I work in a super small district, so the goal is obtainable. In fact, some really awesome news came in today. Keybank donated 5,000 dollars to my cause. The senior class is going to get their own netbooks and that money also started the funds for the junior class. I am going to teach them to blog.


I also got a project on donorschoose.org funded last night. I am getting 23 new books for my classroom, including, The Vampire Academies, 39 Clues, and The Mortal Instrument Series. This is a wonderful website. I have put a link for some of my other projects up on my side bar if you want to donate to me :) or look around and see if there are other projects you want to donate to!
And a little from the blogging world, I won Ruby Red over at The Paperback Princesses.

3 comments:

  1. Nice Work Michelle!!! You ROCK!!!!
    They can ask my 6th graders how the blogging is done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this is amazing work! can't believe you got netbooks for your senior class :) congrats! I think this calls for some celebration!

    Your doing some awesome work Michelle, keep it up!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much! It was a great week! State testing next! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete