Thursday, March 10, 2011

Writing conferences?

I was curious about where my fellow writers and readers go for their conferences. An awesome reading conference is TBF. Its free for students so I always take a few but it is a great place for me to see what teen are reading, plus I score a few signatures! A writing conference that I discovered near me is Writer's Workshop at Chautauqua. This is a five day conference literally twenty minutes from my house. I am pumped...downside 2,500 smackers... Is this normal? I guess I just don't know enough to be sure I am not getting dooped. I also think if I were to go near Cleveland or Buffalo I would pay for a hotel...but like I said I don't know.

I do know it is important to go to events like these. And I want to! I guess I am looking to my blogging friends for a bit more guidance than Google.

So a few questions -
How much do you pay? or rather would I be paying too much or am I right on the money?
What conferences do you go to?
And have you ever been to one of these?

1 comment:

  1. Personally I've never been to a writer's conference :( so if you go you must post a little something on your experience. I've heard great things about them from other bloggers, though. let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete