Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Amanda Hocking Bandwagon!

Yeah... I jumped right on it!

Torn the second installment of the Trylle Trilogy...

Wendy thought she finally understood who she was and what she wanted, but everything changes when the rival Vittra come after her.

She's caught between two worlds, torn between love and duty, and she must decide what life she is meant to lead. from Goodreads.com

First, I love a torrid love affair and forbidden ones too and Finn and Wendy have that! Yes... I am a sucker for a love story! I will get to that in a bit.

Next, I stated this in my Switched Review, i like worlds that coincide with the "real" world and Hocking (did anyone hear that she is self-published and a freakin' millionaire- who is jumping on the ePublishing train with me?!)does a wonderful job merging her troll world with ours.

Wendy finds herself having to chose between her mother's kingdom and her father's kingdom who is not dead...but through actions of her father, Wendy starts to feel loyalty to her
mother's kingdom, which is where the delicious, scruffy-faced Finn resides though he does a really good job being duty-bound. Wendy has to really grow up in the novel, no longer being the bratty girl she was in the first one. She starts to asert herself as Princess realizing that she can command a room and no will tell her "no", but her mother. Wendy starts to take a page from Finn's book and becomes duty bound... to a fault at the end...If anyone has read this can they please email me and tell me about what they thought about Wendy's commitment at the end? I don't want to ruin it on here.

Near the end of the book, we finally get to see Elora be affectionate. We get to learn what she sacrificed to keep Wendy safe, that she knows what it is to love, that she is doing things for Wendy so she is safe and a good Queen, and we also learn that she will be "giving" up the thrown a lot sooner than Wendy or her are ready for. And I w
as just happy that Elora didn't turn out to be a cold-heart Bee-yatch for Wendy's sake.

Brother Matt is back in the story and even when he discovers that Wendy is not his sister (don't worry this comes out in the beginning of the story) he still super protective of her and is new brother as well.

Ultimately, Wendy is trying to find a way to keep peace between the two kingdom, but not everyone is up for that. Willa, Tove, Rhys, Finn, and Elora are though.

Some quick thoughts:
Finn loves her, knows he can't, always seems to end up kissing her at the worst moments... LOVE IT
Tove - is a great guy, loyal, kind, a good teacher, and a good friend, but let's be real that is it.
Loki - I gotta say, he could be a third stud in the book and I can't tell if his intentions toward Wendy are good or manipulative yet.
I love Finn's reasons as to why he is jealous of certain people and not of others.
I think there are faction that are going to try to give Wendy to her father
She is still continuing to develop her abilities but everyone says she is soooo strong so I want to know what other powers she has.

2 comments:

  1. wow! this book sounds intense... and no worries, I'm also a sucker for love stories! Hopeless romantic, right here! *raises hand!*

    it looks like i might be hoping on this band wagon with ya :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot about these, and can't wait to get started.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete