Sunday, January 30, 2011

Big Hopes.... Total Rejection

I really have been taking my writing seriously and have begun the process of query letters and agents. In fact this weekend, I sent out my first email submission. I was so excited and (even though I read the likely hood of finding an agent with the first letter is like 1 to 1,000,000,000) was so hopeful and thought this was it!

Well, due the Internet and how quickly people can receive emails now, I got my first rejection. Yep, same day! It hurt! I know that the agent was doing her job and that they have to be picky and not to take it personally. And I knew this was going to happen. I was going to get rejected, but man did it hurt!

So I was feeling blue and decided to curl up with my NOOK. Well, my mastiff, Mia, decided she wanted to curl up too! Leave it to a 95 pound dog to make me feel better. Later, my collie Fergie, curled up too! Leave it to two fur balls to make this part of the writing process better. Now, (still curled up with Mia and Fergie) I am making a plan of attack, being positive, and remembering that S. King, S. Meyer, and Dr. Seuss all were rejected multiple times and they turned out A-OK!

I wonder if they had dogs.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on sending out your first queries. Keep thinking positive thoughts. I can't think of anyone who was accepted by an agent right away. Like you said, many successful authors received rejections before finding an agent. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm sorry to hear about the rejection, though remember even the best authors out there have been rejected at least once so don't let it get you down too much. There's still more queries to be sent out and books to write. Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the positive words! It's going to happen some day and maybe you both can review it for me!

    ReplyDelete