Saturday, December 11, 2010

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

School and National Board have been taking over my life but I did sneak in a read last week, Halo by Alexandra Adornetto. This novel includes three angels, Gabriel the warrior, Ivy the healer, and Bethany the teen. The teen? She is just that and part of the reason that the three of them are on earth. They have come down from heaven to help the shift from evil to good. They reside in a little ocean-coast town and while her older "siblings" are in control of themselves, Bethany finds herself behaving like a human teenager and even falling in love with a boy, Xavier Woods. However, evil forces come into play.

This novel was more centered around the love story of Bethany and Xavier then the fight between good and evil. And though I love a good a love story, I felt the ending was too quick... I wanted more from the "evil". I'm trying not to give it away, the ending.

I do think Adornetto did a great job capturing teenagers. She did not presume
much about them but created characters that I have in my classroom. I think my students would and will relate to this story.

I'm also finding a big draw for my students is the cover. And I get why, it's captivating. Nice job on the marketing whoever designed that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment