Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My book challenge selection so far! Anyone have a good suggestion?

So I have been thinking about the Wordworth Classic Reading Challenge 2011 and what I would pick to read.
I have made the following list
Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (because it is a favorite of a very dear friend of mine)
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (because I am going to read it with my seniors)
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (Re-reading this one - best love story - so true to how love really is)
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol (Can't believe I have never read this?!)
The Best of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (I do have a slight obsession with the movie so some background might be good)
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Duman (A true story of betrayal and revenge...hoping to read this with my students)
Silas Marner by George Elliot (Read this as a 10th-grader, liked it but can't really remember it)
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (Oh the scandal, reading with my students)
Macbeth by William Shakespeare (It's one of his best of the best)
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (Plain curiosity)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for join in! That's a nice list, I haven't read Alice in Wonderland as well, it makes me feel ashamed of myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete